Friday, November 7, 2008

only in mongolia

unitel is a cell phone provider here. i guess it's good to get cell phone service from a company that lenin clearly supports. (do note my tone of sarcasm here. hehe)


today i had a meeting at school and suddenly the teachers got up to look out the window. somewhere in this mass of men in black coats is the mongolian president.


the large building on the left is a new "minii delguur". this means "my store".
the building on the right is a new "tanii delguur". this means "your store". the real irony here is that the "your store" used to be a branch of "my store" until "my store" bought the bigger building and moved about 100 yards to the left.


random street graffitti

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee, so funny :)

Melanie said...

I can see the president. Can't you?