Tuesday, November 11, 2008

feeling a bit blah

i have been taking taxis everywhere for the past 2.5 weeks, and i'm not finding any improvement in my ankle. it's getting to the point now that i'm starting to feel a bit depressed about it. i don't go anywhere except class, team meetings, and church. i haven't even been able to get groceries because the store is really too far to walk but too close to take a taxi. i've decided today that i'll go between my classes, so that at least i'll be taxing from the school to the store, so it will make it more worthwhile to ride. hehe
there are a few reasons why the whole ankle thing is making me a bit depressed. obviously the pain itself is a big factor. what's really difficult is that i can't find any specific trigger, so i can feel fine one moment and then suddenly be twitching because it hurts so much. if i could at least pinpoint what causes the pain (ex, walking too much, wearing or not wearing the brace i have, walking up stairs, etc) then i could just try to cut out the offending activity and hope for improvement. instead i'm always a little bit on edge because i know that it could start to hurt in the middle of any activity.
another reason i feel sad is because there aren't really any good options here for treatment, so i feel helpless and afraid that waiting until thailand in january or the states in the summer might injure my tendons/ligaments even more. it's awful to feel like my living situation is possibly preventing me from finding a solution.
and then there's the "stuck in my house except for absolutely necessary excursions" factor. as it is, i feel like i can't really go out after dark because of the cold and safety issues. now i feel like i shouldn't leave my house during the day either. i'm getting a bit stir crazy, and i guess i can understand what it must be like for my cat to stay home all the time. hehe at least we have each other for company. :)
it always helps me to talk through whatever's bothering me, and i feel a tiny bit better just getting my frustrations off my chest. please pray for me after you read this. :)

3 comments:

KSA said...

Hang in there girl. I have too have a lot of joint pain, and often wondered why Father sent me to this place, when so many other people are stronger or able to do more. Yet He has a plan for you right where you are in Mongolia, keep your eyes fixed on Him through out this hard time. I will be lifting up you foot and your ability to keep going in spite of the pain. I hope you can hang in there till January, they have great hospitals in Thailand.

Me said...

Hey Amanda, I just pooped into your blog. We'll be praying for you also! Love you!~
Joey

Let Love Grow said...

I Do pray for your healing Amanda! May you have insight from Heaven as to what to do or how to deal with it if HE doesn't just touch it with healing!

Have you tried wrapping it to give it support that way?