Monday, September 15, 2008

teaching begins

saturday marked my first day as a teacher at the humanities college. i had 3 classes and felt both wiped out and invigorated by the end of the day. i really, really, really love teaching english and am so incredibly blessed to be doing what i love in a country i have grown to love.
here's a few thoughts about what my life is looking like these days:
* i don't have any classes that begin before 4pm. i am not really a morning person, so it's awesome to be able to have a few hours to wake up. when i have time to linger over breakfast and coffee it feels luxurious no matter what the rest of the day holds.
*i've met 4 of my 9 classes, and so far it seems like they will be a great bunch of students. when it's all said and done, i'll probably have around 250 students.
*the other teachers at the school seem nice and good to work with. i'm most impressed by their level of english speaking ability. it's a comforting thought to me that the students are learning from these very skilled women.
*it will take a little while for my feet to get used to wearing heels again. i think i'll leave my heels at the school and do my actual walking back and forth in my comfy maryjanes.
*i'm noticing a significant increase in my mental energy level this year. being able to come back to a familiar place instead of having to completely start over again has done wonders for my mental and emotional well-being.
*things on sundays are going well. it's awesome to see how the Father has brought healing and new life to our fellowship. i'm excited to see what he has in store for us.

3 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

That sounds great Amanda! I need to keep track of your blog more regularly! Sounds like such LIFE for you! Jn 10:10....

Awww, i can smell theit from here!

Melanie said...

Hey, too bad you can't come and teach in Darkhan. You could teach at Nate's school.

Nate just got on the bus. He's a bit apprehensive some mornings and keeps asking me to pray "one more time". He's getting so big.

Love you!

Azaa said...

Sounds fun! Good luck! :)