Tuesday, September 2, 2008

back in mongolia

i'm back in my apartment with the internet finally connected again. it's funny to think that i have better internet access in mongolia than i did in the states this summer!
here's a few picture highlights from the past couple of months.

i went to a great concert in chicago. i love live music and miss being able to go to concerts here in mongolia.


i got to visit my best friend from college. it was great to meet her sweet daughter.


i got to spend time with friends i made while in graduate school at wheaton. i love being able to pick up as if we saw each other last week.


my family is building a cabin in colorado. i got to take a road trip out there with them and enjoy a mountain hike.


for the first time since i turned 18, i had the chance to be with my family on my birthday. my mom had this cake made for me the day before when i shared about mongolia at their church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
The cake looks really fantastic. How she managed to do the Mongolian flag just as it is. I'd say your mom is very artistic:)

Gana

J & E said...

Hey A - love the cake 2 - very fun! Looking 4ward to more posts now that you're back in UB :)