Tuesday, September 18, 2007

the vet

i took muji to "vet net" today. vet net is an organization that
works to shine Light in mongolia by both training mongolian vets and
bringing in visiting american doctors from time to time. muji was
seen today by a visiting american doctor, and i'm so thankful that i
was able to talk to a doctor in english. my mongolian is slowly
improving, but i certainly haven't learned veterinary vocabulary yet.
hehe anyway, the doctor gave him some worm medicine and told me to
feed him red meat. i promptly bought some ground beef, and muji ate
it right up. yay!!!! i'm really hoping that soon i won't be able to
feel his backbone and ribs when i pick him up.

in other good news, i now have a working stove and oven! some of you
know that i've been having a hard time not being able to bake. well,
i think i'll get up early tomorrow and make myself a batch of
biscuits for breakfast. muji can eat his ground beef, but i'll take
biscuits any day!

yesterday was one of "those" days when i felt like everything about
mongolia was out to get me to make me frustrated. today was one of
"those" days when i couldn't stop counting my blessings and saw
little reminders of my Father's love for me everywhere i went. He is
always so good to me. Ps 34:10 says that those who seek him lack no
good thing. i am forever reminded of this truth. :)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad Muji's ok.

When I have one of "those" days I turn to my mango puree. Right now I'm eating it stirred into some fresh yogurt...mmmmmm...!

Glad your oven's working. I thought about you and wondered if it was working today as I was baking some bread.

I have a headache and it feels like the beginnings of a cold. Yuck...

Love you and talk to you later,
Mel

J & E said...

As long as you don't feed Muji "free stuff" from the market he should be ok . . . ;) Glad you hear you're able to bake now - that's huge! Love, E

Anonymous said...

I came to your blogspot via xanga.. how can I subscribe? katie0873 @ xanga :o)

lss said...

This is Lanore-lss521- Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a real cat person. You should always be able to feel a cats ribs but not see them. If you do not feel the ribs the cat is over wt. I know my tonkinesse was so thin and small when I got her I felt her spine.

Also may I put a link on my blog to your site? LSS