Sunday, September 30, 2007

sunday in mongolia

i am so unworthy of the love bestowed on me by the creator of the universe. when i feel lonely and sad and even heartbroken, he knows just what i need to bring a smile to my face and remind me how much he loves me.

he gives me unexpected encounters with old friends and lots of hugs at ch. from new friends.

he led me to the funniest placemats i've ever seen and at a reasonable enough price that they are now sitting on my table and making me smile every time i walk past.

he gave me a sweet kitten who is currently sitting on my lap and purring happily as he watches me type.

he reminded me in ch. today that i am living the life i've dreamed of for the past 5 years. i actually started crying as that realization really sank in. he has brought me back to mongolia, and i actually LIVE here. i'm not just here for the summer or for a few months. i'm going to live here for at least the next 4 years!

and even when i haven't been making a lot of room for him in my life, he has been patiently waiting for me to look up and see him working out all the little details - like friends and placemats and kittens.

i say with david: i will boast only in the lord. let all who are discouraged take heart.

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. John Ledford said...

sis, i love you and miss you. i love reading your blog!!

Ty said...

that post makes me smile!! :) and I agree with "the future mr. and mrs."

Anonymous said...

It's funny how a thing like placemats can make the whole world make sense but sometimes "he" just gives us a little pick me up when we need it most. One of my favorite new sayings is "we are saved by hope".