Thursday, October 30, 2008

a week of feeling weak

this whole "immobilization" thing is rather tricky when i don't have a car and have to walk everywhere. what makes it so tricky is how stubborn i am. i want to just say that the 10 minutes it takes me to walk each way to school isn't going to damage my ankle any more. but then i realize i'm just being stubborn, prideful, and rather foolish. it takes every bit of humility i have to take a taxi instead. i hate taking a taxi when it's less than a kilometer for me to walk and traffic is so bad that it isn't even any faster to go by car. i hate looking like some sort of lazy, spoiled american who would rather pay to sit in a car than walk a short distance. i hate it that i'm not getting any exercise. i hate it that i feel trapped in my house except for necessary outings. and i just hate feeling so weak. but i remember the promise that HIS strength is make perfect in my weakness. i know that he is using this time of limited mobility to teach me - not sure just what the lessons will be, but i'm trusting Him.

4 comments:

Mandy Guss said...

I'll be lifting you up to the Father... that you would feel His grace is sufficient for you in your weakness.. Thanks for your honesty in the blogosphere!

Melanie said...

I hope you feel better soon. I wish you could be in Darkhan so I could take care of you. =)

I'm glad you like my kitty. For the first few days I kept calling her "Muji"...

Ty said...

I know somebody that should read this....you're so wise sis.

KSA said...

I have to hold on to the same promise all the time. Even when I am the silly western taking the taxi a few blocks. thanks for the reminder.