Friday, February 20, 2009

conference time

i asked you to be thinking of me and my fellow teachers during our conference. thanks so much for lifting us up. it was a great time of singing together, hearing 2 guests teach us from the Word, and spending time with other teachers. i didn't hear of anyone getting food poisoning, so thanks for thinking about us in that way.


this is my fabulous teammate aleta with me at the hotel where we have our conference.


the hotel is the tall white hotel directly behind the smaller white hotel with the green roof. the conference hotel is about 2 steps away from the chiang mai night bazaar and 2 blocks from the most delicious banana roti in town. :)


the hotel has an open air terrace on the fourth floor where we had dinner every evening. i loved watching the sunset over the mountains as i finished my dessert.


on my last day in thailand i went to starbucks and discovered this - a coffee jelly frappucino. it's a very, very good thing that i didn't know about it earlier in my time there or else i would have probably wanted one every day!

2 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

The Starbucks drink looks so good. I haven't seen those over here...but i haven't frequented a starbucks lately - i make my own and save $4 a cup!

Anonymous said...

your blog colors (black/white and deep red) are fabulous. definitely a fan. :) also, great pictures from thailand. it was so nice to meet jimmy and hang out with you guys!!! we'll definitely have to meet up over the summer.