Friday, May 9, 2008

countdowns

i have begun counting down to the three most exciting things that are coming up for me.
1. my dear friend laura's visit here....she'll be here on may 13th.
2. my last day of mongolian language lessons....june 3.
3. my flight to the states for the summer....june 12. :)

here's the problem with countdowns though; it's hard to feel content here in the meantime. and the last couple of months have been pretty tough anyway.

there's been a lot going on in my mind lately about relationships and the fact that currently almost everyone i care about lives on the other side of the world. there is a mongolian phrase that has been entering my thoughts along with all this relationship stuff.
"dotnii naiz" it basically means an intimate, comfortable, be totally yourself with kind of friend. i don't have anyone like that here in ub, and it's been a pretty lonely year. i am longing for a "dotnii naiz" here in mongolia. and counting down until i get to spend time with my "dotnii naizuud" (that's the plural) in america this summer!

1 comment:

Ty said...

hey sis! can't wait to see you!! hope you have tons of fun with laura! (I think she's there already...or will be arriving soon.) tell her I said "hey". love you!