Friday, April 4, 2008

practice teaching

i have spent the last two weeks doing a teaching practicum of sorts. 20 countryside teachers came to ub during their spring break in order to attend our seminar and improve their speaking and listening skills. i was amazed at their low level of english, and i wonder what exactly they are teaching their own students! it helps me gain perspective on what an amazing privilege and huge responsibility i have here as an english teacher. being able to influence these teachers even for just 2 weeks, means that i will have an impact on all sorts of students way out in the countryside, too. oh how humbling to think that the Father called me to this work!

many of you know that i'm a fan of the tv show, "the office". well, if you know that show, this picture will probably make you laugh. we had our own version of "diversity day". hehehe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Barbara said...

Ha ha...That is funny. Diversity day.
Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and I really hope things start to look up for your fellowship!

Imagine1122 said...

HA HA, literally laughing out loud. At first, I couldn't remember the episode and then I saw the stickers on the head. Hilarious! Do you have access to The Office in Mongolia?