Monday, December 3, 2007

thanksgiving

i have so many reasons to be thankful this year. perhaps one of the biggest reasons is that i could spend the past two weeks with my family in kentucky. it was SUCH a blessing to celebrate my sister's wedding, thanksgiving, and early christmas with them. here are a few specific things i am thankful for from my trip to the states:

* lacey and john's wedding was on saturday the 17th. my flight arrived late on wednesday night the 14th, and i had been nervous about feeling the effects of the long plane ride and jet lag. before i left mongolia i asked several people to ask the Father to give me extra room on the way over, so i could stretch out a bit and hopefully get some rest. not only did he give me extra room on the way to kentucky, but he gave me extra room on the way back to mongolia as well! the extra 5 inches of "economy plus" make a huge difference. :)

*lacey and john's wedding day was beautiful. their relationship is a beautiful testimony of how the Father can bring two people together when their hearts are set on him. my sister was glowing all day, and i have rarely seen a groom who adores his bride more than my new brother loves my sister. :) here they are after the ceremony:


*our family has 5 girls and a baby brother. john's family has 5 boys and a baby sister. this made the choice of bridesmaids and groomsmen a no brainer. it was a joy to be in a wedding with my sisters. and i think there will never be a more beautiful and well-matched bridal party - if i do say so myself. you can decide for yourself though:


*our family lives about an hour north of nashville, tn. every year the opryland hotel there does an amazing christmas light display. it is a holiday season tradition for us to go and look at the lights. we were able to do it this year on the friday after thanksgiving. even though the lights are almost the same every year, i still love to see them. just like thanksgiving without turkey isn't quite thanksgiving, the christmas season without seeing the lights at the opryland hotel isn't quite christmas for me. i was so blessed to go with my family this year. here we are minus lacey and john. (they were probably on the beach in hawaii at the time we took this picture, so i doubt they really missed seeing the lights. hehe):

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how your sister wore her seatbelt even on her wedding day over her dress!

Hehe. Love the dresses, too. You girls look so beautiful. I miss you!

Love,
Mel

Barbara said...

All of you girls looked so beautiful and Lacy and her man make an amazingly beautiful couple!! AND how crazy that they come from families that are opposite but the same of each other in siblings! I am SO glad you got to be home for her wedding...one of the hard things on the heart about being away is "being away" and God awesomely brought you home! :) You are blessed for sure! Um, we are moving...so...do I just send a new address along with my Letter to Cali?

Yen said...

I can't get over how GORGEOUS y'all look. :)

lss said...

You look beautiful, in fact all of your sisters also looked so pretty in those dresses. That color is not easy to wear. The bride looked sweet and very pretty and she had a handsome groom. Your sister is smart to wear her seat belt.

Ty said...

i'm soooo glad that you could be here for all the excitement!! love you muchos!!!

J & E said...

What can we say but GORGEOUS! Loved the pix - thanx for sharing your fun times w/ us :)