Thursday, December 18, 2008

honest friends


i am so thankful for my friend muugii, because she really watches out for me and tells me things that i need to know to fit in a little better here. i have a school new year's party on saturday, and i was planning on wearing an asian style silk dress i have. i know that the key to new year's party style is wearing something as bright and shiny as possible, so i thought this dress would be perfect. unfortunately, it's not appropriate to wear this style of dress to a new year's party. apparently, they are only really stylish for graduation or tsagaan sar (lunar new year). i'm so glad muugii told me before i showed up to the party looking really silly. she also helped my look in my closet for something better. ironically, it's the dress that i wore for my graduation from wheaton college. hehe

2 comments:

KSA said...

I glad you have a friend like that. We make enough cultural blunders on our own. It is reassuring to have some one helping us lean.

Chris Cox said...

must be realy not cool in my post-natal gear.